Larae's newborn session - Interview with mom and dad - Topeka's Best Newborn Photographers

I was so excited to photograph Larae as she is the beautiful baby of a very long time client, like probably 15-20 years. So this was a very special occasion that I wanted to make sure was absolutely perfect and it was! Larae is just precious and such a chill baby! She was so much fun to photograph and the special images we got with mom and dad were so beautiful. So thankful for the opportunity! Make sure to read the interview with mom and dad. Very touching and fun to read.

T.H. Peterson: What did you think when you first saw Larae? 

Christopher: Pure unabashed excitement and love. We had wished for her for so long that it seemed unreal in the moment. 

Nicole: Instantly, the most pure love that I've ever felt. It was all so surreal. Chris and I had been trying to have a baby for a long time, and I had only ever visited friends and family to see their babies, up until this moment. To know that this baby laying on my chest was my own that I created, was the happiest moment in my life. Time seemed to stand still, as I stared into her eyes and gave her my thumb to hold with her tiny hand. It's a moment that I'll never forget🩷

T.H. P.: How did you come up with her name? 

Christopher: Her name is a nod to Nikki’s father who passed away shortly before Nikki got pregnant…we like to say that he knew how much we wanted to have kids, so he helped us out from heaven. 

Nicole: My dad passed away the month before we found out I was pregnant. Up until then, we had been going through infertility for almost 2 years. I truly believe that my dad had something to do with sending Larae to us, and we wanted to honor him for it. My dad's name is Larry, so we played around with ideas for the spelling of a feminine version of his name, which is how we came up with Larae!

T.H. P.: What is something you liked about your session with us? 

Christopher: You. Tommy you are an amazing photographer! You have photographed 3 of the largest events in our life. Your professionalism is impeccable and your love for your trade is obvious. You make the sessions comfortable and fun, and the pictures you take are always the highest quality. 

Nicole: You, Tommy! Your photography is truly amazing. Each of my life events that you have photographed, have come out beautifully. I can't wait to see how Larae's newborn photoshoot turned out! Your assistant was a wonderful help, and we felt totally comfortable with her getting Larae dressed and ready for each set of photos, especially since she's a mother herself!

T.H. P.: What has life been like adjusting to a new baby in the house? 

Christopher: Easier than I had imagined…..but still not a walk in the park. Larae is a wonderful baby, who makes the midnight feedings (while tedious) much more bearable when you look into her beautiful eyes. 

Nicole: It's been an adjustment, especially when it comes to sleep deprivation... but everything about Larae makes it all worth it! Some of my favorite moments are after her nightly feedings when she's alert and has her eyes wide open. I can't help but stare into her eyes and just look at her!

T.H. P.: Who does she look like?

Christopher: I am going to say that Laraes sheer beauty comes from my wife. But I have been told that when she cries, Larae looks like me! hahaha!

Nicole: Larae is Chris' mini me. There's characteristics of myself in her... but her hair, eyes, and face shape are all his features!





To book your own session, please call Tommy or Holly at 785.793.2492 or 785.213.0812 or email tommy@thpetersonphoto.com

Comments

  1. Awww I love it. Amazing job
    Congratulations Nicole and Chris
    ❤️ Cassie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Popkess family at Ward Meade - Beautiful Spring Mini Session - Topeka's Best Family Photographers

Emily and Jacob's Magical Wedding at Stony Point Hall - Beautiful Kansas celebration - Lawrence, Topeka, KS Wedding Photographers

Skylar's newborn session - Interview with mom - Topeka's Newborn Photographers

Alexias's maternity session - Beautiful milestone session - Topeka's maternity and newborn photographers

How to Prepare for a Photo Session - Topeka's Best Family Portrait Photographers

Janie and Jovie - Newborn session with Twins! Interview with Mom - Topeka's Newborn Photographers

Alayah's newborn session - Interview with mom - Topeka's Baby Photographers

Fox's newborn session - Interview with Mom - Topeka's Best Newborn Photographers

Kaylahni's newborn session - Interview with mom - Topeka's Best Newborn Photographers