Personal blog post - Our Family hanging out at Grinter Farms - Topeka, KS Family and Lifestyle Portrait Photographers
Wanted to take a minute to post a blog about our recent trip to Grinter Farms. A very popular local attraction for those reading this that aren't from the area. It's a beautiful sunflower field where you can roam freely and appreciate the hard work that farmer Ted has put into creating an experience for so many locals. I've even heard of people driving as far as 6 hours away to see these beauties. We went when the sunflowers were almost completely dead but it was still a wonderful experience. To be honest, anytime I am spending time with my kids and beautiful wife, I am a happy man. These photos give me so much joy. They are of my family genuinely having no worries, no cares, just enjoying nature, each other and the most beautiful day. Thank you for checking out our post and hope you enjoy these photos. We didn't bring any lights or reflectors, the light was kind of harsh but I was more concerned with capturing the moment more than getting the perfect image.
The second we got there, Olympas was so happy. I think he liked the breeze and being with us.
These 3 are my world.
Olympas had an uncanny likeliness to this sunflower.
Can you see the love in Holly's face?
Olympas wanted to touch the flowers and leaves so badly. He kept reaching for them and even kicking them as we passed. He leaned forward a little too fast and slammed his head into the sunflower... ouchie lol
He likes to fly!
Olympas and Moses have a very special bond. There's no secret that Olympas adores his big brother. He constantly stares and observes him. He smiles at him constantly and his eyes light up everytime he sees him. It's a very special and dear thing to me.

You've heard people say that babies are happy to play with the box more than the toy inside. Well Olympas was too focused on dirt and petals to appreciate the fields around him. He may have eaten some dirt too.
He is one happy little boy!
These are some of my favorite images from the shoot.
As you can tell it was really windy. And Olympas's hair almost flew off his head.
He recently is strong enough to stand for a few seconds holding on to stuff.
As we were packing up, Mo asked if I'd play hide and seek with him. That was super fun!
Too easy Mo! Gotta hide better than that!
Moses is 9 and anyone with kids that age KNOW that they can give you the most phony smiles but when he was having fun hiding from me, I got to see the real smile I KNOW he has. The ones that rarely show up in photos. He has such a great smile! I have to be a little sneaky if I want to catch it!
Another one of my favorites.
I think he really loved the feeling on his feet.
That hair!!! It's a wild mane!
To get more information on a session with us, please call Tommy or Holly at 785.793.2492 or 785.213.0812 or email tommy@thpetersonphoto.com
Thanks for checking out our blog post! Have a great day!
The second we got there, Olympas was so happy. I think he liked the breeze and being with us.
These 3 are my world.
Olympas had an uncanny likeliness to this sunflower.
Can you see the love in Holly's face?
Olympas wanted to touch the flowers and leaves so badly. He kept reaching for them and even kicking them as we passed. He leaned forward a little too fast and slammed his head into the sunflower... ouchie lol
He likes to fly!
Olympas and Moses have a very special bond. There's no secret that Olympas adores his big brother. He constantly stares and observes him. He smiles at him constantly and his eyes light up everytime he sees him. It's a very special and dear thing to me.

You've heard people say that babies are happy to play with the box more than the toy inside. Well Olympas was too focused on dirt and petals to appreciate the fields around him. He may have eaten some dirt too.
He is one happy little boy!
These are some of my favorite images from the shoot.
As you can tell it was really windy. And Olympas's hair almost flew off his head.
He recently is strong enough to stand for a few seconds holding on to stuff.
As we were packing up, Mo asked if I'd play hide and seek with him. That was super fun!
Too easy Mo! Gotta hide better than that!
Moses is 9 and anyone with kids that age KNOW that they can give you the most phony smiles but when he was having fun hiding from me, I got to see the real smile I KNOW he has. The ones that rarely show up in photos. He has such a great smile! I have to be a little sneaky if I want to catch it!
Another one of my favorites.
I think he really loved the feeling on his feet.
That hair!!! It's a wild mane!
To get more information on a session with us, please call Tommy or Holly at 785.793.2492 or 785.213.0812 or email tommy@thpetersonphoto.com
Thanks for checking out our blog post! Have a great day!








































Comments
Post a Comment