Interview with Riley Botkin - Emporia High - Class of 2019 - Topeka's Best Senior Portraits


Recently we shot Riley on her family's farm and it was an amazing shoot. We were all worried that it might rain but it ended up being a perfect day! I honestly could have shot portraits there all day, it was that amazing. We shot her brother's senior portraits 4 years ago there and to come back was amazing and I was just thankful for the opportunity. Riley has such an amazing smile and hanging out with her was a blast. She is such a nice young lady and I loved her laugh and smile. That alone made my session with her so much fun.

These images you see on the blog are just a sampling of her shoot. Some of the highlights, her favorites. I love each of these and excited she picked this very first one as a canvas. I how she looks in the portrait but I also love that it's a scenic image that screams KANSAS!!! It's definitely one of my favorites from the shoot. Thanks for checking out her shoot! Enjoy!
T.H. Peterson: Best thing to do in Emporia?
Riley: Drive around. That’s about all there is to do. 

T.H. P.: Tell me about the locations we went to for your senior portraits and why you picked them.
Riley: Most of the locations were places on my family’s farm, which has been in our family for 5 generations now. It’s where I was raised and it has a lot of sentimental meaning. 
T.H. P.: What do you like most about Emporia High?

Riley: The teachers. They always make a point to connect with students & help them reach their full potential. 

T.H. P.: What was your favorite thing about your session with us?

Riley: I never had to fake a smile & you made me really comfortable in front of the camera. 

T.H. P.: What are your plans after high school?

Riley: I’m undecided on where I’ll go, but after college I’d like to go to medical school & become a pediatrician. 

T.H. P.: So you're into hunting. Tell me about your deer in your session and why you're so proud of it?

Riley: Phil (my deer) was the first buck I ever harvested, and he was also the first deer I harvested with my bow. He’s also the first and only mounted animal in my house. 


T.H. P.: Do you prefer to hunt with a bow or rifle?

Riley: Definitely with a bow. 

T.H. P.: Favorite place to vacation.

Riley: Anywhere with a beach. 

T.H. P.: Favorite movie of all time?

Riley: Dirty Dancing. 

T.H. P.: How would you describe yourself?

Riley: Easygoing, witty, and maybe even a little sassy. 




To book your own session, please call Tommy or Holly at 785.793.2492 or 785.213.0812 or email tommy@thpetersonphoto.com

Check out Riley's video!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check out my assistant Sarah's family! Awesome generation portrait session - Topeka's Best Family Photographers

Ellis's newborn session - Interview with mom - Topeka's Newborn Photographers

Lulana's Newborn Session - Interview with Mom - Topeka's Newborn Photographers

Carlie's newborn session - Interview with Mom - Topeka's Newborn Photographers

Interview with Alexus Smith - Royal Valley Class of 2024 - Topeka's Best Senior Portraits

Blake Dean on the blog - Interview with Mom - Topeka's Newborn Photographers

How to Prepare for a Photo Session - Topeka's Best Family Portrait Photographers

Kingston's Newborn Session - Interview with Mom - Topeka's Best Newborn Photographers

Tracer's newborn session - Interview with Mom - Topeka's Best Newborn Photographers

Sawyer's newborn session - Interview with mom - Topeka's Best Newborn Photographers