Get to know Mike and Kim Geer! Relationship spotlight!

  This is a photography blog HOWEVER I recently started interviewing couples about their relationship. This has been a fun and educational and heartwarming experience. Getting a small insight into other couples has been fun to see and I hope of some value to you, the reader. Today’s spotlight is Mike and Kim Geer. Their answers are awesome and honestly I just love their chemistry!! One of my favorite couples I've ever met. Both are equally hilarious!!! Enjoy!

T.H. Peterson: How old are you guys?

Mike: 46 and 41

T.H. Peterson: How long have you been married or been together
Mike: 13 years

T.H. Peterson: How did you meet?
Mike: We met on a blind date set up by our best friends who were married. T.H. Peterson: What were your first impressions of each other?
Mike: I met her at her door. The first thing I noticed was her butt.  It was a good start.
Kim: He was late, drove a purple car and had an ugly shirt on.

T.H. Peterson: Describe your relationship in one word.
Mike: Inseparable

T.H. Peterson: What have been some of the best moments of your marriage?
Mike: Wedding day. Neither of us really expected the other to show.

Buying our first "us" home.

Our many vacations together..


T.H. Peterson: What’s your song?
Mike: Well our wedding is "whatever it is" by Zak Brown. Our current song is  by Cody Johnson called wild as you.

T.H. Peterson: How have you learned to effectively resolve conflict?
Mike: It took me a long time to learn this one. Kim needs space when shes mad. I need to resolve things quickly.  So.when she's angry I go do.something else for awhile.

T.H. Peterson: What are some things that have helped keep your relationship strong?
Mike: Honestly, patience is key for us. That and we try to keep a balance. When one of us is in a funk the other makes an effort to lift them up. I pray pretty regularly, though not as much as I should.

T.H. Peterson: What are some ways you are alike and different?
Mike: We both love the beach, water and spending time with close friends and family. Adventures together are a must for us.

She loves the winter. I hate it. It's depressing. She loves chick flicks I'm more of an action fan.


T.H. Peterson: Advice you'd give to yourself when you were first dating your significant other?

Mike: We were both going thru divorces when we met so my advice to yield would be don't push her and my kids so much to bond. That happens on its own

Kim: Don't worry about him going back to his ex. And don't be so serious

T.H. Peterson: Tell us something funny or inspiring that happened in your relationship.
Mike: More on the inspiring side. Blended families are a tough go. Especially with 5 kids. Exes are a constant battle. Kids are always challenging both sides. We managed to hold it together and help each other raise all 5 great kids that are doing well and none of them have yet to be arrested.

T.H. Peterson: Give one single piece of advice that others might benefit from.
Mike: Be patient and lift each other up matter what. Be sure to always make each other laugh.

T.H. Peterson:  One last question, what is a movie you both like?

Mike:  A movie we both like is how to train your dragon. Lol don't make fun of me for that one. We also both like Law Abiding Citizen.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you for taking time to read Mike and Kim's spotlight. I am looking to post these for any couples that would like to participate!!! If you would be interested, go to https://thpeterson.wufoo.com/forms/relationship-spotlight/ and fill out the form and we'll get you on the blog!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HIlarious Maternity Session - Luke and Stephany's Baby Bump - Topeka's Funniest Photographers

John and April's beautiful day! Incredible Wedding Celebration at Liquid Art Winery - Manhattan, KS

Interview with Sadie Craig - West Franklin High School Class of 2027 - Topeka's Best Senior Portraits

Interview with Tristan Craig - West Franklin High School Class of 2027 - Topeka's Best Senior Portraits

Interview with Kennedy Gatewood - Seaman High Class of 2027 - Topeka's Best Senior Portraits

Amber and Matt's amazing and unique day! Abe and Jake's Landing - Lawrence, KS

Interview with Tanner Reed - Shawnee Heights Class of 2020 - Topeka's Best Senior Portraits

Interview with Cooper Lietz - Seaman High Class of 2027 - Topeka's Best Senior Portraits

Interview with Alex Recinos - Washburn Rural High Class of 2027 - Topeka's Best Senior Portraits