Interview with Jillian Holwick - McLouth High Class of 2023 - Topeka's Best Senior Portraits

Jillian is one awesome young lady! She was so much fun to photograph. Extremely personable and engaging. She came from out of town and it was awesome being able to photograph her in lots of creative locations! She was very excited about her shoot, which as a photographer makes our job so much fun!! I sincerely had so much fun with them and know that that experience really shines through in her images. She is a very special young lady and it was an honor to meet her! I love the way her images turned out and am very excited to share them with you! Thanks for checking out her session!!
T.H. Peterson: What will you miss most about high school? Jillian: What I will miss most about high school will be a few different things. My high school is K-12, so I’ve been going here since preschool. I will miss all my friends, teachers, and staff who I’ve grown up with. I will also miss playing high school sports as well. Another thing will be FFA and my AG teachers/ advisors. I’ve been involved in FFA all four years and an officer for two of those years, so this is something I will miss greatly. Finally I will miss being in the same building as my mom everyday. She has worked at the school since I was in preschool, so not being able to see her throughout the day and bother her while she’s working is something I’ll miss the most.

T.H. P.: What are your plans after high school?

Jillian: After high school I plan to attend Labette Community College on a volleyball scholarship. I plan on majoring in education and becoming a secondary teacher.

T.H. P.: What is your dream job?

Jillian: Growing up I never really had a “dream job” that I wanted to pursue. Besides teaching, I think my dream job would be a marine biologist or criminal investigator.

T.H. P.: What kind of student are you?

Jillian: If I had to describe what kind of student I am I would definitely be the very outgoing and unforgettable one. I love to be able to have fun in school while still being able to focus when the time comes. I love to joke and have fun with my teachers while still learning and being respectful.

T.H. P.: What are your most memorable moments playing high school sports?

Jillian: My most memorable memories playing sports would be when we won our first ever league champion title in our volleyball programs history. It was something huge to us as we worked very hard to earn it. Another great memory was the time I made an almost full court buzzer beater in basketball!

T.H. P.: Ever been injured playing?

Jillian: I have been injured a few times while playing. This past volleyball season I came down on someone’s foot when I was blocking. Thankfully it wasn’t broken but it was still a very bad high ankle sprain. This happened the same week as my senior homecoming where I was also a candidate and my senior night! I couldn’t walk up until the day before my senior night games. I did everything I could to try and get better enough to play. I did end up getting to play on my senior night and also ran a 5-1. We ended up winning as well!!

T.H. P.: What is something you enjoyed about  your shoot with us?

Jillian: I LOVED the energy that was brought! I felt super comfortable and was able to enjoy my time taking pictures instead of hating it. I loved all the jokes that were cracked and how we were able to have fun while still taking some amazing pictures!

T.H. P.: What would people be surprised to learn about you?

Jillian: I think something people would be surprised to learn about me would be that I love to eat ketchup on my tacos! All my friends and family laugh and think it’s so weird. To me eating ketchup on tacos is like putting peanut butter on a PB&J, it’s normal and not unusual! Although many think it’s super weird and gross, it’s actually extremely good… well at least to me it is! Try it sometime!

T.H. P.: Favorite Netflix (Or online) series?

Jillian: My favorite tv series would be the one and only One Tree Hill! Although it’s an older show, it’s still my all time favorite! A close second would probably be The Office!

T.H. P.: Favorite junk food.

Jillian: My favorite junk food is either ice cream or french fries!! It depends if I’m feeling salty or sweet that day!





To book your own session, please call Tommy or Holly at 785.793.2492 or 785.213.0812 or email tommy@thpetersonphoto.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Janie and Jovie - Newborn session with Twins! Interview with Mom - Topeka's Newborn Photographers

Popkess family at Ward Meade - Beautiful Spring Mini Session - Topeka's Best Family Photographers

How to Prepare for a Photo Session - Topeka's Best Family Portrait Photographers

Alexias's maternity session - Beautiful milestone session - Topeka's maternity and newborn photographers

Diego's newborn session - Interview with Mom - Topeka's Newborn Photographers

Declan's Newborn Session - Interview with Mom - Topeka's Best Newborn Photographers

Ellie and Jeanathan - Spring Session in the Studio - Topeka Kid's Photographer

Kayson's newborn session - Interview with mom - Topeka's Newborn Photographers

Cove's Newborn Session - Interview with Mom - Topeka's Best Newborn Photographers