Interview with Ashton Dawley - Washburn Rural Class of 2024 - Topeka's Best Senior Portraits

Ashton was a seriously awesome photographic subject! It was cold, rainy, windy, very unpleasant to say the least but he wanted to go for it. I appreciate his attitude and after meeting him I could see that his artistic background and mindset could see past the gloomy weather and could tell we could make something very special for him! He had a lot of ideas and I believe the execution of his ideas made for some amazing imagery. I was thoroughly impressed with his art and very much enjoyed his positive and fun personality. He was awesome to photograph! Here's a handful of our favorites!

T.H. Peterson: What are your plans after high school? 

Ashton: I plan to go to a 4-6 year college to major in art or architecture/ interior

design, and get a minor’s in business. To possibly become a tattoo artist or architect. 

T.H. P.: What would your dream job be?

Ashton: To possibly become a tattoo artist or architect. 

T.H. P.: What classes are you glad to be done with? 

Ashton: Government, Science, Speech, English, Math 

T.H. P.: How long have you made art and how did you get started?

Ashton: I’ve been making art pretty much almost my whole life. I can remember when I was in kindergarten, painting, little fishes to drawing cartoon characters in my notebook while watching cartoon it’s just been a heavy anchor in my life. It gives me a way to create my own world in a way and connect with people on totally different level.

T.H. P.: Piece your most proud of? 

Ashton: My favorite piece that I’ve created so far throughout my experience as an artist is a piece called “Light Of Life”. To me it’s an example of what it means to go through the darkest of time, to really be in the trenches and follow your faith, no matter how dark it seems no matter how many obstacles there are I have my faith and that’s what’s gonna get me through it. 

T.H. P.: What is something you enjoyed about your session with us?

Ashton: There were a lot of things that I love about my session. One of the most things that I loved about it was it felt natural it didn’t feel forced upon and didn’t feel like I had to be there. It felt like I wanted to be there. Everything that we did in our sessions I was excited about. I felt comfortable taking photos, and my ideas were listened to also.

T.H. P.: What would people be surprised to learn about you?

Ashton: I think people would be surprised to see and learn how relatable I am with people. 

T.H. P.: What art medium would you like to learn next? 

Ashton: The next medium I would really like to learn more about and get to know is oil paint I’ve never painted with oil paint before and I’m really curious about it…

T.H. P.: What do you find inspiring?

Ashton: One of the biggest things that I find inspiring is my faith throughout my life I’ve definitely have made a lot of mistakes, and I’ve definitely put myself in a really big hole to climb out of and when I really got closer with my faith, it helped me overcome a lot of obstacles in my life. It taught and lead me to meet new people, express myself, and to be vulnerable with people. To be compassionate, to care and love in a totally different way.

T.H. P.: Artist(s) you admire? Ashton: I don’t really have a favorite artist that I admire but if I did it would probably be Banksy because he makes his art bring life to things that normally are ignored or hidden to the blind eye.




To book your own session, please call Tommy or Holly at 785.793.2492 or 785.213.0812 or email tommy@thpetersonphoto.com

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Janie and Jovie - Newborn session with Twins! Interview with Mom - Topeka's Newborn Photographers

Popkess family at Ward Meade - Beautiful Spring Mini Session - Topeka's Best Family Photographers

Emily and Jacob's Magical Wedding at Stony Point Hall - Beautiful Kansas celebration - Lawrence, Topeka, KS Wedding Photographers

Larae's newborn session - Interview with mom and dad - Topeka's Best Newborn Photographers

Skylar's newborn session - Interview with mom - Topeka's Newborn Photographers

How to Prepare for a Photo Session - Topeka's Best Family Portrait Photographers

Alexias's maternity session - Beautiful milestone session - Topeka's maternity and newborn photographers

Diego's newborn session - Interview with Mom - Topeka's Newborn Photographers

Alayah's newborn session - Interview with mom - Topeka's Baby Photographers

Declan's Newborn Session - Interview with Mom - Topeka's Best Newborn Photographers