I am soooooo happy with Luke and Stephany’s maternity session. I almost spit my drink out when I pulled up and saw Luke standing out there. The laughs didn’t stop there. Luke had me rolling the whole time. The funny thing is Stephany couldn’t really convince Luke to do the shoot unless she agreed to do a redneck, white trash maternity shoot. Our inspiration for their shoot was Masterminds. Stephany was such a good sport and Luke had a ton of fun! He did a lot of drinking so he was prepared to do all of his own stunts! Congrats on the baby and we look forward to meeting your little one! Thank you for allowing us to have fun with you doing such a classy session! To book your own session, please call Tommy or Holly at 785.793.2492 or 785.213.0812 or email tommy@thpetersonphoto.com
John and April’s wedding at Liquid Art Winery was something special from start to finish. Set against rolling hills and the vineyard, the whole day had this calm, beautiful feel to it. It was cloudy in the best way—soft light, perfect for photos, and just an all-around ideal day for a wedding. Then right at the end of the night, the sun came out and gave us the most gorgeous golden light to wrap everything up. What stood out most was just how loved John and April are. You could feel it in every moment—friends and family showing up big for them, celebrating them, and surrounding them with so much support. Every detail of the day was dialed in. The food was incredible—brisket, salad, veggies—all so good. They even brought in local small businesses for cookies and ice cream, which was such a fun and thoughtful touch. The venue itself is phenomenal, and the DJ brought so much energy that the whole place stayed alive all night. And April—she had two dresses! Her ceremony dress was absolu...
Senior sessions like Sadie's are the ones that really get my creative side going. She has such a unique style, and from the moment she showed me examples of the kinds of photos she loved, I knew this wasn't going to be a typical senior session. She was drawn to dramatic, cinematic, and darker images, and I couldn't wait to bring those ideas to life. Of course, we made sure to capture the classic smiling portraits everyone loves, but some of my favorite images from her session were the ones where we pushed ourselves creatively with dramatic lighting, movement, interesting posing, and a little bit of artistic storytelling. Those are the sessions that remind me why I love what I do. We photographed Sadie and her brother Tristan together, taking turns throughout the evening, but their sessions ended up having completely different personalities. We started at Ward-Meade Park before heading to NOTO, which felt like the perfect place for someone as artistic as Sadie. The colorful ...
I had the best time photographing Tristan for his senior portraits. We started at Ward-Meade Park, where we had this incredible variety of backgrounds. The sun was shining, giving us a warm, golden glow. Then, we headed over to the NOTO district, and it was just bursting with color. Every corner was vibrant, and Tristan really lit up, especially when we brought his tuba into the shots. I’ve been photographing him since he was little, so it was really special to see him grow into this moment. I could tell he was having a blast, and so was I. I really could see his personality come through, and it was such a nice session and I really love how these turned out! T.H. P.: What classes do you like most? Tristan: Classes I have with people I can talk to. T.H. P.: What will you miss about high school? Tristan: I will miss not being able to see my friends on a schedule. T.H. P.: Plans after high school? Tristan: Attend college for music education. T.H. P.: What do you like about playing ...
Kennedy's senior session was one of those sessions that reminds me why I love photographing seniors so much. She attends Seaman High School, and from the moment we started, she was absolutely incredible in front of the camera. Her outfits were stunning, and she has such a vibrant personality that every location felt completely different. We ended up doing a longer senior sessions, which isn't something we do very often, but it gave us the opportunity to visit several different locations and create an amazing amount of variety. Instead of spending a long time in one place, we kept moving, and every stop gave us something new and unique. My favorite part of the session was our trip to Lake Wabaunsee. We photographed at the waterfall, the flooded road, and the beach, and every single location seemed to give us another incredible backdrop. The sunset and skies that evening were absolutely beautiful, and it felt like every few minutes we were creating another favorite image. Kennedy...
Amber and Matt’s wedding at Abe and Jake’s Landing in Lawrence, Kansas, was such a beautiful celebration. From the moment I arrived, it was clear how much love and respect they have for each other. The smiles, the tears, the laughter, and all the warm hugs made the day feel so full of emotion. They looked absolutely amazing, and their beautiful family added even more joy to the day. It was one of those weddings that just felt special from start to finish. One of the most unique parts of their wedding was the live cover band from Kansas City playing Talking Heads songs — such a fun and unexpected twist! I’ve never seen anything like it at a wedding, and it brought so much energy to the night. The dance floor stayed full with guests of all ages having the best time. Amber and Matt are truly lovely people with a deep connection and obvious dedication to each other. It was an honor to be a part of their day, and I know their life together will be just as joyful and meaningful as their wedd...
Tanner had an awesome session in downtown Topeka for his senior shoot! It had been raining on and off an on all week, but we were able to capture some amazing images when the sun was out! He finished up his session at his favorite place to be, the baseball field. Tanner is an amazing baseball player and he had us in awe as we watched him pose for pics. He looked like a natural! We were able to get some really cool shots just before the rain hit! Thanks for checking out his session! T.H. Peterson: What are your plans after high school? Tanner: Going to college to play baseball but haven’t decided what to major in yet. T.H. Peterson: What will you miss most about high school? Tanner: Missing seeing friends that I have grown up wit T.H. Peterson: What is your favorite Netflix series right now? Tanner: It’s got to be All American T.H. Peterson: What did you like most about your se...
We had a great time photographing Cooper's senior session. My assistant Daniel and I met up with him at his brother's property, which made the session extra special. I actually photographed his brother there nearly 10 years ago, so it was pretty awesome to be back at the same location again. Cooper is a really nice guy, easy to talk to, and we had a lot of fun getting to know him during the session. Since soccer is such a big part of Cooper's life, we made sure to include that in some of his photos. We were also close to Echo Cliff, one of the most beautiful spots in the area, so we headed down there for part of the session. The weather was absolutely perfect, and having family hanging out nearby made the whole afternoon feel relaxed and enjoyable. It was a great session, and we're excited for Cooper as he heads into his senior year. T.H. Peterson: What are your plans after high school? Cooper: I plan to attend Kansas State University and major in Construction Science...
This is a photography blog HOWEVER I recently started interviewing couples about their relationship. This has been a fun and educational and heartwarming experience. Getting a small insight into other couples has been fun to see and I hope of some value to you, the reader. Today’s spotlight is Mike and Kim Geer. Their answers are awesome and honestly I just love their chemistry!! One of my favorite couples I've ever met. Both are equally hilarious!!! Enjoy! T.H. Peterson: How old are you guys? Mike: 46 and 41 T.H. Peterson: How long have you been married or been together Mike: 13 years T.H. Peterson: How did you meet? Mike: We met on a blind date set up by our best friends who were married. T.H. Peterson: What were your first impressions of each other? Mike: I met her at her door. The first thing I noticed was her butt. It was a good start. Kim: He was late, drove a purple car and had an ugly shirt on. T.H. Peterson: Describe your relationship in one word. Mike: In...
Alex's senior session was one of those evenings where everything just came together. We started in NOTO, then headed downtown to a parking garage before finishing up near Menninger's. Each location gave us something different, and by the end of the session we had so much variety that we ended up with even more images than we normally do. The weather couldn't have been better, with a beautiful golden hour sunset to wrap up the evening. Alex was a natural in front of the camera. As a football player at Washburn Rural, he brought his football along for part of the session, which was a great way to highlight something that's been a big part of his high school years. He had a great smile, picked out some awesome outfits, and carried himself with a quiet confidence that really showed in the photos. His easygoing personality made the session fly by, and before we knew it, we were finished. It was such a fun afternoon, and I'm excited to share some of my favorite images fro...
Comments
Post a Comment