Baby Linden on the blog! Interview with mom - Topeka's Newborn Photographers
T.H. Peterson: How was your pregnancy? Did you have specific
cravings or aversions to particular foods?
Kinsey: Pregnancy was much easier this time compared to last time.
First trimester nausea was minimal and actually stopped after the
first trimester (instead of continuing through the whole pregnancy)!
I'm grateful that we had the resources we needed this thim to adjust
my diet to minimize nausea and digestive problems, as well as
minimize weight gain.
I learned pretty quickly that I couldn't eat carb heavy and protein
heavy foods together without digestive consequences. I managed to
stay exactly within the expected weight gain range this time and,
more often than not, felt like a beautiful pregnant lady! That's really
saying something as someone who's generally very health and fitness
conscious and struggled with these issues during my last pregnancy.
Feeling beautiful was also due, in part, to having an awesome
wardrobe that was both flattering and comfortable (thank you
Mom for your help in achieving this)! The only thing I really had any
kind of craving for was potatoes in any form - chip, fried, baked,
mashed. And I really only had one aversion - the fried rice we would
usually make once per week. It was just too strongly flavored when I
was nauseous. But since I ate it once while nauseous, I just couldn't
bring myself to eat it again for the rest of pregnancy!
T.H. P.: How did you come up with Linden’s name?
Kinsey: We're super nerds. We knew we wanted his name to start with an L because that was the letter missing in the sequence created by the first initial of John's, mine, and Morgan's names (J-K-(missing L)-M). We also knew that we wanted to follow a complimentary theme to Morgan's name, which means "of the sea." After debating several names - none of which both of us agreed on - we settled on earth-themed "Linden", after the beautiful Linden tree.
T.H. P.: What does big sis think?
Kinsey: Morgan thinks it's pretty cool to be a big sister. She says, "He's really cute" and she's very happy to have a baby brother!
T.H. P.: What is something you enjoyed about your session with us?
Kinsey: I really enjoyed that lack of pressure to hurry but to instead work within the needs of my infant - whether he needed a nursing break or a diaper change, or some cuddle time to just be soothed. Also, Hanna was amazing. She was kind of a baby-whisperer! Overall, we all felt very comfortable just being ourselves and going with Linden's flow - achieving some really awesome pictures!
T.H. P.: How is life adjusting to a new baby?
Kinsey: It's amazing how much of this part of life you forget after 13 years. There's no getting around the fact that it's HARD. We've had some different challenges this time around. Lip and tongue ties have made breastfeeding more challenging and lead to more fussiness/colic than last time.
And since Daddy is not a student anymore, it's been more challenging to navigate shared parenting responsibilities with his return to work. I won't get started on my strong opinions about the state of parental leave in the US, but suffice it to say that as a public health professional, our current experience has highlighted that the lack of sufficient or standardized parental leave in the US is nothing short of barbaric.
Challenges aside, we really just have to take one day at a time and focus on the wonderfulness of the quiet moments of ultimate baby cuteness. One thing that has been very fun to witness is how the dog has taken to Linden. I'm not sure that he's my dog so much any more as he is Linden's dog!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment