Caleb is a senior at Hayden High School, and baseball was a big part of his senior session. He also wrestles and plays football, but for his session we decided to focus on baseball. We started out with some baseball photos, then headed over to Gage Park before finishing up at the Governor’s Mansion. Caleb was just a really great guy to photograph. He’s down to earth, funny, has a great personality, and was very natural in front of the camera. His family was with him for the session, and it was pretty obvious how close they are, which was really cool to see. The evening itself couldn’t have been much better. We had some really beautiful skies, and one of my favorite parts of the session was when we put Caleb in his letterman jacket and the clouds started getting really dramatic. It just worked perfectly with the jacket and the baseball theme. Those are the kinds of moments I really enjoy during a senior session when everything just seems to come together naturally. Caleb made it ea...
Julian was an awesome senior to photograph! We started out at Four Corners near Scranton, then headed to Osage County Fishing Lake before finishing up in downtown Osage City. He was super photogenic, had a great smile and expressions, and was just really easy to photograph. He was personable, relaxed, and made the whole session a lot of fun. I loved how naturally everything came together. By the time we got to Osage City, the sun was sitting right on the horizon and the golden hour light was absolutely amazing. The colors were so rich, the weather was beautiful, and we had a great time walking around downtown and creating some really great images. I feel like we were able to capture Julian's personality while also creating images that really flattered him. We even got to work in a little bit of his athletic side with cross country, which was a perfect way to finish off an awesome senior session! T.H. Peterson: Plans after high school? Julian: Go to college T.H. P.: Dream job? Ju...
Maddie was such a sweet girl and just an absolute pleasure to photograph. Basketball is a huge part of her life, and she has committed to play basketball at K-State after she graduates, which is pretty awesome. We had a lot of fun with her senior session because she brought a really cool variety of outfits. Every outfit gave us a completely different look, and we were able to get some really great images downtown before heading out to a more country setting. Maddie was just really easy to photograph. She had a great smile, great expressions, and honestly, I don't think she has a bad angle. By the time we got out to the country, the skies were just incredible. The weather was beautiful, and everything just came together. We were able to make some really striking, dramatic images, and I really loved how her whole session turned out. Maddie was so much fun to work with, and I'm really glad we got to be a part of this for her. I honestly feel honored that she trusted me to photogra...
I met up with Misa and her brother Shanehse at Osage County Fishing Lake for a sunrise sibling session. We did a few pictures together, but most of the session was individual pictures of each of them. They were both a little on the quiet side, but they were a lot of fun to work with, and you could tell right away that they really get along. It was a beautiful morning with great weather, and we were able to get some really cool shots of them together along with a lot of great individual images. Mom came along for the session and was smiling the whole time, just enjoying watching her kids get their pictures taken. Before we knew it, the session was over. I really felt like we got some images that showed their personalities, especially their great smiles. Misa and Shanehse are two really nice young people, and I think we got some great pictures of them that their family will enjoy for a long time. T.H. P.: Favorite thing mom cooks? Misa: Lazy lasagna. T.H. P.: What job would you be goo...
Sam’s senior session was a blast! We started at Cedar Lawn Farms and then headed over to the shop where he works. From there, we got out into the hayfield with tractors and equipment, which was perfect for him. Sam is studying diesel technology this year, and it’s pretty obvious that he loves what he does. He’s got a real passion for big machinery, and we had a great time working that into his senior pictures. One thing I noticed right away about Sam was how funny he is. His quick wit and smart responses kept me on my toes, and that doesn’t happen very often! He said his friends describe him as funny, and I can absolutely see why. He even said he enjoyed the comedy during his session, which makes sense because we were throwing just as many jokes at him as he was at us. Honestly, he has the kind of humor you’d expect from someone who’s been around a lot longer, with just enough sarcasm to keep things interesting. Sam is a smart kid, a hard worker, and someone I really enjoyed getting to...
Ellie was absolutely precious! Mom and Dad brought her into the studio for her newborn session, and it had been a little while since we had done a newborn session. I told them how easy it is to forget just how tiny they are until you have one in front of you again. Ellie was so sweet when we first met her. She was very mild and chill, although it did take us a little while to get her settled and comfortable. Even while we were working on that, she was giving us some of the cutest little expressions. And then she gave us the biggest smile I think I have ever seen from a newborn! It was absolutely amazing and one of those moments that makes a newborn session so much fun. She was so cute, so photogenic, and just perfect for her entire session. I know Mom and Dad are completely in love with this little girl, and I don't blame them one bit. Ellie was such a sweetheart, and we had a great time photographing her! T.H. Peterson: What did you think when you first saw Elly? Chelsea: We hon...
Select outfits that will make for a timeless portrait. Choose practical clothing items, and keep the location and time of year in mind. Select clothing items and accessories that are not too distracting or that you will have to adjust often during the session (think long necklaces or ruffled tops on a windy day). Keep in mind the weather, wind speed, and humidity/chance of rain. If you have littles, bring them some snacks to help give them incentives during the session. This can help us to get kids to cooperate and make or break a session. If it is windy, wear your hair up. Trimming your bangs/hair slightly to keep them out of your eyes is a great idea, too! Use product like mousse, gel, pomade, and hairspray to tame your mane! Pick shoes that will be easy to walk in at the location of the session. For example, high heels are not recommended for sunflower shoots, but would look great in an urban/downtown ...
Kelton was such a cool guy to work with! He’s a down-to-earth, athletic senior who loves competition. Between discus, javelin, shot put, and bowling, he definitely has plenty of things to keep him busy. He’s especially passionate about track and field and bowling, and we wanted to make sure his session showed off some of that personality. We started out with his javelin, headed downtown for some different looks, and then finished things off with a suit and tie for a more dressed-up style. I really liked how creative his session turned out! One thing we won't forget about Kelton's session is how quickly the weather changed. We went from bright sunshine to pouring rain in just a matter of minutes! Thankfully, we were able to get some killer shots before the rain really came down. More than anything, I really enjoyed hanging out with Kelton. He was humble, friendly, and just an all-around great guy to be around. After meeting his mom, I can see where he gets that personality! It w...
Kaleb is one of those guys who makes my job easy! He's super nice, handsome, and about as photogenic as they come. We started his senior session at his home, taking advantage of some spots around his property before heading to downtown Carbondale and then Osage Lake. Kaleb attends Santa Fe Trail and wrestles, so we had a lot of different ways to show off his personality and interests throughout his session. We finished up with a few more photos around Scranton before heading into the studio to wrap things up. I love being able to give seniors this much variety in their photos, and Kaleb's session was a great example of that. Whether he was giving me a serious look or smiling for the camera, he nailed it every time. I don't think this guy has a bad angle! I absolutely love how his photos turned out, and I had a great time working with him. T.H. Peterson: What are your plans after high school? Kaleb: To join the military T.H. P.: Dream job? Kaleb: Firefighter T.H. P.: Fa...
I’ve been photographing Riley and her family since she was little, so getting to photograph her senior pictures was pretty special. We had an amazing session at Gage Park, and Riley was absolutely fantastic in front of the camera. She is super photogenic, has tons of confidence, and has a great smile and expression. She’s also just one of those people who is really easy to photograph because she’s so personable and completely natural in front of the camera. And I have to say, I loved her hairstyle for the session! Riley is a softball player and will be continuing to play in college, so of course we had to work some of that into her senior session. We had a lot of fun moving around H. Park and getting a great mix of softball photos, natural smiles, and some more dramatic looks. It was so much fun seeing how much Riley has grown up over the years, and I’m really glad I’ve gotten to be her photographer along the way. She absolutely crushed her senior session! T.H. Peterson: What are your...
Comments
Post a Comment