Interview with E'lyssia Young - 2017 Topeka High Grad - Topeka's Best Senior Portrait Photographers
Anytime I have a senior with unique ideas or style, I get super excited. E'lyssia did not disappoint!! She was super friendly, funny and we clicked right away! She had a great style and we shot these at the Jayhawk theater which did two things: 1. Kept us out of the heat (IT WAS HOT!) and 2. It fit her look so well! E'lyssia has a retro look I loved the look we got there as well as the lobby of the Jayhawk Hotel. She had fun outfits, a great smile and even though her session flew by, we got a really good variety of images! E'lyssia is definitely a cool girl in my book. Super excited with how her session turned out! Thanks for checking out her blog post and I think her answers are just as great as her photos!! Enjoy!
T.H. Peterson: So you go to Topeka High. Name one cool thing about your school.E’lyssia: The school looks like a freaking castle . The interior is even more beautiful than the exterior. Small classrooms but an amazing place to be a princess at. T.H. P.: Funniest teacher and why.
E’lyssia: My Chinese teacher . She has huge classes and is confused about English sometimes . One time a word we were learning was "dong" which means east . And I'm sure you're thinking the same thing the guys were in my class . They all started to make jokes and laugh and she did not understand why . Well I told her "it's another English word for penis." And she simply replied with a confused look on her face "what's penis mean?" She's so silly and cute. I love her.
E’lyssia: In middle school is when I started experimenting with being a "bad" kid . Well there was one night I tried to sneak out . I walked out the front doors and closed the door quietly and ran to my friends . Scared my mom would wake up I ran back home within three minutes . T.H. P.: I LOVED your session. It was definitely fun and entertaining. What did you enjoy most about it?
E’lyssia: I loved your sense of humor . I loved laughing at the cheesy jokes and comments you'd make . You're a pretty hilarious guy . T.H. P.: Name a band few people know about but should.
E’lyssia: Cage The Elephant . By far one of the best bands I've ever heard . I've been obsessing over them since middle school . T.H. P.: Describe your fashion sense in one word.
E’lyssia: Newfangledness. T.H. P.: What sort of career would you like to have one day?
E’lyssia: I have always wanted to become a veterinarian. Ever since elementary school. That career has been my dream . T.H. P.: If you could travel somewhere outside of the US where would you go?
E’lyssia: Bangladesh . Just so I could see my favorite animal in its natural habitat. A bengal tiger. Also to learn the beautiful language Bengali . T.H. P.: You have $200 and a free afternoon, what do you do?
E’lyssia: I would go to an art supply store and buy all the crazy expensive markers and papas and books I normally wouldn't buy and spend the whole afternoon drawing . T.H. P.: Tell me about the tattoo on your wrist. Did it hurt?
E’lyssia: This tattoo is a mother daughter tattoo. Me and my mother went and got the same one together . It took us forever to agree but we eventually did . It didn't hurt at all surprisingly . I expected it to feel like an elephant stepping on my arm . T.H. P.: Do you have plans for more tats?
E’lyssia: I actually have another tattoo appointment on the 15 to get my nickname on my,arm . I also want a huge koi fish yin yang on my back . Detailed and everything . I plan to get a bagel tiger on my thigh too . T.H. P.: Who’s a famous person you want to meet?
E’lyssia: Are you kidding me .? I told you I was obsessed with Eminem . I tried to even wear my Eminem shirt for the shoot .
To book your own session, please call Tommy or Holly at 785.793.2492 or 785.213.0812 or email tommy@thpetersonphoto.com














Comments
Post a Comment