Interview with Jonah Tevis - Topeka West Class of 2027 - Topeka's Best Senior Portraits
There was a lot to like about Jonah's senior session. He's a very photogenic guy with a great personality, and we had a lot of fun exploring several different locations around Topeka. We started at the library, made our way to the Kansas State Capitol, and finished up with some great urban looks on Kansas Avenue. Since Jonah is a huge history fan, those locations were a perfect fit. We also made sure to include his trumpet, and those ended up being some of my favorite images from the entire session. As we talked throughout the evening, we discovered we both enjoyed movies and pop culture, and once that conversation got going, it really brought Jonah out of his shell. He already had a great personality, but it was fun to see him become even more comfortable in front of the camera.
We wrapped up the evening at his grandma's house, which made the session even more meaningful. It's always special when seniors choose a location that has personal significance, and it gave us a completely different look while telling a little more of Jonah's story. From the historic locations around town to the sentimental stop at the end of the session, everything came together to create a gallery that really reflects who Jonah is. Great session Jonah!
T.H. Peterson: Plans after high school?
Jonah: I want to go to K-State and major in Political Science and minor in Economics.
Jonah: I want to become a politician.
T.H. P.: Last movie you saw, what did you think of it?
Jonah: The Odyssey. I thought it was alright, but some of the creative choices weren’t the best in my opinion.
T.H. P.: Something you liked about your session with us?
Jonah: It was great talking with him about movies we’ve seen and other pop culture topics.
T.H. P.: What makes you feel confident?
Jonah: Making sure I smell good.
T.H. P.: What could you easily become an expert on?
Jonah: Gunsmithing.
T.H. P.: How would friends describe you?
Jonah: They’d probably say annoying, but I’d like to think they’d say I’m funny.
T.H. P.: What do you enjoy about band the most?
Jonah: Probably just getting to hang out with my friends.
T.H. P.: Best book on history you ever read?
Jonah: Blackshirts and Red by Michael Parenti.
T.H. P.: Why is history so fascinating to you?
Jonah: Because I love learning about the people who came before me and the amazing things they did.
T.H. P.: Favorite genre of history and what history period do you find least interesting?
Jonah: I prefer American history, but I couldn’t care less for ancient history—besides Ancient Rome.
To book your own session, please call Tommy or Holly at 785.793.2492 or 785.213.0812 or email tommy@thpetersonphoto.com
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment