An afternoon with Hunter Akers - Topeka, KS Family Photographers
I am so happy to finally share our session with Hunter here with you all. This is a very special session for me. This is Hunter Akers. She graduated this year and last year we did her senior portraits. Very beautiful, fun and full of life. In fact, I realized that Hunter looks just like my wife Holly when Holly was her age. The resemblance is uncanny.
Recently, Hunter was diagnosed with Hodgkin Lymphoma. Of course, this is terrifying for anyone. I was disturbed when I heard the news... it really seemed unreal to me. Well fast forward to this session, they asked us to photograph her before the chemo caused her to lose her hair. I was more than happy to do the session or her. I even recruited my friend, neighbor and local business owner Karly Morris, owner of Bombshells Salon here in Scranton to help with her hair and makeup. Karly is amazing and she did an incredible job on an already beautiful subject!!
I will be sharing a blog post with her session soon along with a little behind the scenes of her hair and make up appointment. Recently Hunter posted on her fb that she began losing her hair. I am so happy we were able to do this session for her.
She as well as her mother seemed to have remained positive and retained a great attitude despite her diagnosis. In my research of this type of cancer, survival rates appear to be high, especially among younger people. I hope and pray for the best for Hunter. She is a strong girl and we admire her so much. If you'd like to follow her fight, check out her page at Hunter's Fight There you can get more information on how you can get updates and even donate to help them.
Hunter has such a beautiful smile!!
Those eyes!
The following was a little slideshow I put together from her hair and makeup appointment as well as highlights from her session. Enjoy!
To book your own session, please call Tommy or Holly at 785.793.2492 or 785.213.0812 or email tommy@thpetersonphoto.com







Comments
Post a Comment