Interview with Emily Burd - Class of 2018 - Seaman High - Topeka's Best Senior Portraits
Emily was an amazing model! She did incredible and despite their ideas for an amazing sunset session, we got rain. Lots of it. In fact, when we were on a parking garage, we were ankle deep. But instead of calling it quits, we took full advantage of the rain and created something very unique and one of a kind. And for Emily, I think that was perfect. She is a very well rounded and interesting person. She is complex. I could tell very quickly from meeting her. She has many interests and even from her interview and her answers you can tell she is introspective and thoughtful. I loved her Pink Floyd shirt and flannel. Actually took me back to my high school days back in the 90s. That's was pretty awesome. Overall, Emily is one amazing girl. Her parents are very proud of her and I can see why. I'm excited to share this session. Hope you enjoy!
T.H. Peterson: What is your favorite thing about going to Seaman?
T.H. Peterson: What is your favorite thing about going to Seaman?
Emily: I love the teachers. I don't think I've ever had a bad teacher going here.
T.H. P.: What are your plans after high school?
Emily: I am attending KU in the fall of next year. I have no idea what I am doing as a career. I do have some interest in teaching English at the high school level, but my options are completely open right now.
T.H. P.: What kind of student are you?
Emily: I'm a little bit of everything. I have some moments when I will be the wallflower in the back of the classroom, but when I want to be, I'll be the most talkative. I do well in all of my classes (besides math), but I definitely do my fair share of procrastinating.
T.H. P.: I LOVED your trombone portrait. What do you like most about playing in band?
Emily: I have a love/hate relationship with band. The hate, however, is far overshadowed when we finally get to perform in front of a large audience. Playing the pregame show for the Alamo Bowl my freshman year would be the highlight in all my years of playing.
T.H. P.: How long have you played softball? How did you get into it?
Emily: I have played softball since I was five. So, almost 13 years. It started by just giving it a try playing tee-ball for Optimist, then playing at Lake Shawnee for a few years, then later playing for a team out of Olathe, and most recently, X-plosion from here in Topeka.
T.H. P.: Best place to eat in Topeka?
Emily: I don't go out to eat all that often. I’ll pretty much eat whatever is in front of me. Periodically, I’m hooked on Taco Casa.
T.H. P.: How would you describe your personality?
Emily: I’m very much all over the place. Outgoing yet shy, stubborn, happy, old-souled, creative, closed off, and inquisitive.
T.H. P.: What do you consider a fun date?
Emily: A fun date would include getting food and driving around listening to music and talking. Really simple things. Besides that, you can’t go wrong with concerts or a movie.
T.H. P.: What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to softball?
Emily: A pet peeve is leaving the ballpark after a late night game and getting home after midnight only to wake up at 5 am to be back again at 7 for warmups for an 8 o’clock game. I need my sleep.
T.H. P.: What song takes you back to your childhood?
Emily: 7 Things by Miley Cyrus. That song probably had 200+ plays on my MP3 player. Or anything from Taylor Swift’s Fearless album.
T.H. P.: If you had $10,000, what would you do?
Emily: I would go to Maldives. Or Iceland. Or Sweden. Maybe I’d take a road trip to every state in the US. Something like that. I just know I’d use it to travel.
To book your own session, please call Tommy or Holly at 785.793.2492 or 785.213.0812 or email tommy@thpetersonphoto.com















Comments
Post a Comment