Charlie's Newborn Shoot - Interview with Mom - Topeka's Best Newborn Portraits
Charlie was the most dapper young gentleman we have ever had the pleasure of photographing! He had on the cutest newborn button down shirt and a cute bow tie! His thick hair, chubby cheeks and sweet disposition made him so easy to photograph! He looks so much like his mom, especially when she showed us a picture of her as an infant. He immediately settled in and went into some adorable poses! We even were able to do the froggy pose with him! He is such a super chill baby, he made our job so easy! We love this special guy!
T.H. Peterson: How did you find out you were pregnant? Was it a shock or expected?
Delainey: It was a complete shock. I had a dream that I was pregnant, and it felt so real. The next morning I woke up, drove to Walmart, and bought a pregnancy test. It ended up being positive, and I was freaked out for the rest of the day.
T.H. P.: How did you both react to seeing Charlie for the first time?
Delainey: We definitely started tearing up. He was crying so loud, and the second they put him on my chest he stopped. We were instantly in love.
T.H. P.: Describe your pregnancy and your labor and delivery?
Delainey: My pregnancy was pretty rough. I was so sick for the first 20 weeks. As soon as the morning sickness stopped, the heartburn and acid reflux kicked in. I only gained about 20 pounds the entire pregnancy, because I couldn’t keep food in me!
Overall, my delivery was pretty easy. I was induced at 7, had my water broken at 8, got my epidural at 12:15, and was ready to push by 1:00. After an hour and a half of pushing, my doctor recommended a c section. I was scared, but ultimately it was the best decision I could have made for the both of us.
T.H. P.: What kind of food did you crave when you were pregnant? What foods did you avoid?
Delainey: I didn’t necessarily crave “weird things” but there would be days where I would wake up craving spaghetti at 8 am. I ate a lot of pickles, and towards the end I wanted nothing to drink but milk and sprite. I avoided anything with tomatoes in it. The acid made my stomach upset and made me so sick.
T.H. P.: What was your favorite part about your newborn session with us?
Delainey: Seeing you guys position him and work so well with him was super cool. When he did get fussy, you were able to comfort him and put him in the next position quickly.
To book your own session, please call Tommy or Holly at 785.793.2492 or 785.213.0812 or email tommy@thpetersonphoto.com











Comments
Post a Comment