Interview with Aiden Droge - Washburn Rural Class of 2021 - Topeka's Best Senior Portraits

Obviously Aiden is a good looking guy, easy to photograph, really photogenic. But I really enjoyed photographing him because he was really down to earth, a clever sense of humor and his love for photography. Mom said, "he's more comfortable behind the lens". Lots of people say that, but then he pulled out his camera and lenses and I was like OHHHH, you're like actually into photography! That was cool. Then I saw his Fro Knows Photo shirt and I was like, okay this guys is serious. Photographing him was a blast and super easy. He had nothing but good angles.

I was surprised when I asked him how tall he was and he said 6'5. Usually that equates to playing sports but he's more into photographing them, which I thought was actually pretty cool. He's an artist. And from what I've seen of his video work and photography, he's got a seriously bright future ahead of him. I'm honored to have photographed him and really enjoyed his answers. Hope you enjoy as well!

T.H. Peterson: What do you like most about going to Washburn Rural?

Aiden: My favorite part about going to Washburn Rural is for sure the staff.

Some of the greatest people I have ever met teach, have taught, or administrate

at Washburn Rural. They truly want what’s best for you. 


T.H. P.: What is something you liked about your session with us?

Aiden: I loved the fact that you were down for whatever. In particular the dumb posed photos I wanted to take.


T.H. P.: What are your plans after high school?

Aiden: I plan on studying creative media in college while I network and make content for the university’s athletics teams.

T.H. P.: How did you get into photography and videography?
Aiden: Ever since middle school I had really liked the sports “edits” that were popular on Instagram. I would make them for my high school, but at the end of my sophomore year I had this urge to start creating the content myself. I picked up a camera in around March of 2019 and haven’t looked back since.


T.H. P.: You mentioned that you enjoyed photographing certain sports over others. Why is that? Aiden: From photographing a wide variety of sports I have found what I like and dislike about each sport. I have found that in order to take truly personal and amazing pictures of sports you must be educated in that sport. Basketball is the sport I know the best and that is my favorite to shoot. In close second is softball because of its short games and energetic atmosphere. 


T.H. P.: Your photography and videography are great. Who are some of your inspirations and how did you learn and grow as an artist? Aiden: Thank you! I am pretty much completely YouTube taught and some of my biggest inspirations are Jared Polin, F Stoppers, and James Quantz Jr. The way that I shoot sports in video is somewhat new so finding inspiration can be difficult but there is a truly phenomenal community of sports creatives that inspire me as well as watching music videos. 
T.H. P.: How do you feel your generation has been affected by Covid and how do you think you guys are handling it? Aiden: I think my class in particular has been overlooked during the pandemic. A lot of the focus at first was the class of 2020 and them losing the last quarter of their senior year. However, I think that most kids in my grade realized that we were going to be affected by it in the long term. We are adapting as almost every is having to do. It’s not fun but I think we are sadly starting to get used to it.
T.H. P.: When it comes to your musical tastes, what would others be surprised to learn about you? Aiden: My music taste varies greatly. I’m the kind of person that will reference lyrics to songs during day to day life. In particular I love old country music. 
T.H. P.: What life skill would you like to learn or get better at? Aiden: Learning to keep my mouth shut.

T.H. P.: What will you miss about high school?

Aiden: I have always been a very spirited person and I was chosen as a spirit leader this year for sports. However, things aren’t really how I would have liked them to go. I’m going to miss the way things used to be and the great relationships with teachers I have created.

T.H. P.: Where can people find your work and follow you?

Aiden: Drogedigital on Instagram 

AidenDroge on Twitter 

Aidendroge.com




 To book your own session, please call Tommy or Holly at 785.793.2492 or 784.213.0812 or email tommy@thpetersonphoto.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bre and Trent's Big Wedding Day - St John Vianney Church - Maple Hill, KS - Topeka Weddings

Interview with Ean Winsor - Holton High School Class of 2027 - Topeka's Best Senior Portraits

Parker Turner - Washburn Rural Class of 2027 - Topeka's Best Senior Portraits

Interview with Talan Robertson - Washburn Rural Class of 2027 - Topeka's Best Senior Portraits

Nora's Newborn Session - Interview with Mom - Topeka's Best Newborn Photographers

Zach and Kate's Engagement Session - Ted Ensley Gardens at Shawnee Lake at Sunset - Topeka Wedding Photographer

Interview with Dawson Wittman - Hayden High Class of 2027 - Topeka's Best Senior Portraits

Interview with Maddy Hladky - Washburn Rural High Class of 2027 - Topeka's Best Senior Portraits

Interview with Keegan - Class of 2027 - Topeka's Best Senior Portraits

How to Prepare for a Photo Session - Topeka's Best Family Portrait Photographers