Interview with Calvin Carman - Silver Lake Class of 2022 - Topeka's Best Senior Portraits


Calvin immediately stood out to us as someone who was here for a fun senior session!  He had a friendly smile, and looked much older than we would have guessed.  His personality and his laugh, especially during the “couples” pics with his best friend made it hard for us to keep a straight face.  They all had us laughing so hard, I couldn’t hold the camera still!  Calvin had one of the best shoots we have had and his photos speak for themselves!
 

T.H. Peterson: What is one of your funniest memories from high school?  

Calvin: When Dane Whalen body slammed me during a wrestling meet my Junior year.  It was the first time anyone has picked me up.


T.H. P.:  What activities were you involved in and how did they shape you as an adult?

Calvin: I have been involved in football, wrestling, baseball, FFA.  These activities helped shape me as an adult by teaching me teamwork, perseverance, to be disciplined, hard working, respectful, compassionate.


T.H. P.:  What’s one thing you would go back and change about school if you could?

Calvin: The 4 block schedule was awesome.  I would have changed that so I could have had that schedule all four years.

T.H. P.:   Which one memory will you remember about your session with us? 

Calvin: I have a couple. Definitely the pictures with Colton and I and our moms,

reenacting scenes from the movie Masterminds. 

Tommy, Charles and Jess were fun to work with, too.  I laughed a lot that day.

T.H. P.:   What is one thing you will miss about living at home?

Calvin: My mom's cooking.  Mainly her BBQ meatballs and cheesy potatoes.


T.H. P.:  How long have you and Colton known each other and do you

remember when you became best friends?

Calvin: We have been friends for 12 years.  We met on the playground in kindergarten.  We became best friends when we played baseball for the Green Machine in 1st grade.

T.H. P.:  What is one of your favorite memories of you and Colton from all of your years of being friends? 

Calvin: One winter when we were probably nine or ten, it was icy out and I had the bright idea to slide across a sheet of ice on our little pond while swinging from a skinny tree branch.  After a couple of successful trips for the both of us, the branch gave out and I hit the deck hard.  I’m pretty sure I broke my tailbone and had a concussion.

T.H. P.:  Where do you see yourself in ten years?

Calvin: In ten years I see myself working for Evergy as a lineman. 


T.H. P.:  Describe your dream vehicle for us:

Calvin: A 1973 baby blue Chevy Silverado.

T.H. P.:   If you could go anywhere on vacation, where would you go and who

would you take with you?

Calvin: I would go to Alaska on a fishing trip with Colton and our dads.









 

To book your own session, please call Tommy or Holly at 785.793.2492 or 785.213.0812 or email tommy@thpetersonphoto.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HIlarious Maternity Session - Luke and Stephany's Baby Bump - Topeka's Funniest Photographers

John and April's beautiful day! Incredible Wedding Celebration at Liquid Art Winery - Manhattan, KS

Interview with Chloe Fox - Topeka West Class of 2027 - Topeka's Best Senior Portraits

Interview with Haven Ellenburg - Shawnee Heights High Class of 2027 - Topeka's Best Senior Portraits

Interview with Jonah Tevis - Topeka West Class of 2027 - Topeka's Best Senior Portraits

Interview with Landon DeVader - St Mary's High Class of 2027 - Topeka's Best Senior Portraits

Rhett's Newborn Session - Interview with Mom - Topeka's Best Newborn Photographers

Interview with Isaiah Withers - Seaman High Class of 2027 - Topeka's Best Senior Portraits

How to Prepare for a Photo Session - Topeka's Best Family Portrait Photographers

Interview with Ayden Crosswhite - Washburn Rural Class of 2026 - Topeka's Best Senior Portraits