Annika's newborn session - Interview with Mom - Topeka's Best Newborn Photographers

I recently got to photograph baby Annika, and she was so adorable! She had a lot of beautiful hair, which made her even cuter. Annika's parents were great too, and you could really see how much they love her. It made the session so special. I loved taking pictures of her sweet little face. This session with Annika and her parents was so much fun, and I'm really happy I got to capture these moments for them.

T.H. Peterson: What did you think when you first saw Annika?

Kacie: I was astonished by the overwhelming feeling of love I had for

her right away! One of my first thoughts was, “omg what a big baby!”

In retrospect, she was just very swollen but she weighed in at just shy

of 8lbs. She was taken to the NICU pretty quickly due to a problem

with her breathing, so I didn’t really get to hold her until the next day.

By then she seemed so much smaller.

T.H. P.: How did you come up with her name?

Kacie: We wanted something unique but not too weird. We didn’t want her to share a name with anyone we knew and I’ve only ever known of one person named Annika. When we were trying to decide, the name just stuck with us. When I found her middle name, I loved how simple it was and just flowed. We knew it was the one pretty quickly.

T.H. P.: What is life like with a new baby in the home?

Kacie: It’s been pretty great! She’s a content baby and her father has been an amazing partner. Things haven’t been too exhausting or crazy — yet 🤣

T.H. P.: Something you liked about your session with us?

Kacie: I loved how smoothly the session went. Sarah is a baby whisperer!! I was worried about Annika being fussy or squirming too much. Neither of which happened! Sarah kept her very comfortable and relaxed. And she knew how to soothe her once posed! I trusted her with Annika right away.

T.H. P.: Did you have any food aversions or food cravings when pregnant?

Kacie: I didn’t really have any aversions or weird cravings. I noticed that I quit craving fast food like I would before pregnancy. Cravings wise I would just get set on wanting things I would normally have.









 To book your own session, please call Tommy or Holly at 785.793.2492 or 785.213.0812 or email tommy@thpetersonphoto.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dava and Ed's Engagement session - Beautiful sunset session at Kansas Governor's Mansion - Topeka's Wedding and Engagement Portraits

Eli Feather - Class of 2025 - Topeka's Best Senior Portraits

How to Prepare for a Photo Session - Topeka's Best Family Portrait Photographers

Interview with Trenten Harris - Silver Lake Class of 2025 - Topeka's Best Senior Portraits

Raylynn Paige's Newborn Session - Interview with Mom - Topeka's Best Newborn Photographers

Camah and Damen's big day - Beautiful ceremony at Cedar Valley Forest - De Soto, KS - Kansas Wedding Photographers

Kylee Johnson - Washburn Rural Class of 2025 - Topeka's Best Senior Portraits

Interview with Taylor Zordel - Silver Lake Class of 2025 - Topeka's Best Senior Portraits

Interview with Aayla Briggs - WaRu Class of 2025 - Topeka's Best Senior Portraits

Damien and Brianna's Big Day - Amazing Wedding at Abe and Jake's Landing - Lawrence, Kansas